- Max Barry – Jennifer Government — I used to own this, partially because my sister’s name is Jennifer; I stalled out in it somewhere early on, but I liked Company, so I decided to try it again.
- Patricia C. Wrede – Snow White and Rose Red — I was looking for the Enchanted Forest books, but found this instead. I am 99% sure I read it at some point; parts of the blurb are familiar, but presented in an way that doesn’t quite mesh with what I remember.
- Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o – Wizard of the Crow — because I’d always kind of wanted to read it, but never got around to it.
- Sally Nicoletti – Japanese Motifs for Needlepoint — from 1981; gorgeous designs, not-so-gorgeous colors, which is easily enough remedied (or could be if I had a better eye for color); the charts are all symbols, so substitution would be easy.
- Reader’s Digest Complete Guide to Needlework — because the more descriptions of knitting, the better; also, it had sections on charting designs, which might be helpful